Location: Premier Mine Site,
25 kms. Northeast of Stewart,
British Columbia Job Opportunity: Full-time
Closing Date: Open until filled
Reporting to the Senior Geologist, the Geology Labourer will provide support to the geology department during the construction, commissioning, and operations of the site. The Geology Labourer will foster a health and safety culture of Zero Harm while ensuring compliance with provincial and federal regulations.
This position is a FIFO on a 14/14 rotation. Candidates must be able to travel across the Canada/US border daily as part of this role. To be successful we are looking for someone with a strong safety work ethic and someone who is responsible, accountable, and dependable. You have the ability to perform physical tasks, including the lifting of up to 50 lbs, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to be highly flexible and prioritize multiple tasks with good time management skills, and strong attention to detail and quality of work. Someone who has the ability to work independently and in a team environment, the ability to work in conditions exposed to the elements (snow, rain, sub-freezing weather, heat, and wind), and is eager to develop and learn new skills. This position is located in Stewart, British Columbia, a unique border town which boasts small-town charm and offers unparalleled outdoor opportunities including chartered fishing and sightseeing, hiking and fishing, glaciers and bear viewing, and much more.
Key Job Functions:
• Gather samples from the test sites including underground.
• Assist Geologists in gathering and testing samples.
• Assist in surveying.
• Take stockpile samples.
• Moves, sorts, and organizes core sampling and inventory.
• Samples, cuts, tracks, and catalogues drill core and samples.
• Manages and organizes core sample shipments.
• Perform pre-operational checks, operate equipment, and perform all job functions according to Safe Operating Procedure.
• Upholds and follows safety policies, procedures, regulations, and hazard identification and promotes safety awareness through day-to-day attitudes and actions.
• Utilizes the safeguards, safety appliances and personal protective equipment or devices.
• Lifts heavy loads up to 50 lbs. and navigates construction and mine site terrain.
• Adjusts and establishes daily tasks to meet changing orders of priorities.
• Performs other related duties as required. Required Education/Professional Qualifications:
• Able to lift heavy core boxes (50 pounds).
• A Valid Driver’s License is required.
• Core logging and cutting experience is considered an asset.
• Fundamental geologic knowledge is considered an asset.
• Experience in construction, commissioning and/or underground mining is an asset.
• Experience working with Microsoft Office databases is an asset.
An equivalent combination of education, skills and experience may be considered.
Employment opportunities are awarded to the most suitable candidate for the position while striving to assemble a diverse workforce and inclusive culture for all employees. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution. Premier Mine site is located on Nisga’a Treaty Land, and through a Benefits Agreement, has agreed to provide Nisga’a citizens with hiring priority where candidates are otherwise considered equally qualified.
The successful candidate will be required to cross the USA land border to access the site, therefore the required travel documentation including a passport will be required.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this exciting opportunity; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time Application question(s):
• Please note that this is a 2-week on/2-week off, fly-in/fly-out position.
• Do you have the ability to lift heavy core boxes (50 pounds)?
• Driving Licence (required) Work Location: In person